Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reply to what is the secret to writing blogs more often.


Can't think of anything to write or can't think of a topic that would wow everyone who ends up on your blog?

I think an issue some of us have, is that we know very diff people with virtually little or no intersecting interests. So we can't think of a topic that would please everyone who pops in on the blog.

One level deeper is that what we blog is not yet perfect, not polished.. I personally have a ton of drafts and Most of what i do end up posting are things I write in 10 mins , this note being a great example.

Yet even deeper, we worry that what we actually post will define us. Cheesy posts and silly comments and stupid feedback and advice .

Advice: well coming from me it won’t mean much … I rarely update anything myself, but here are my tips and i hope they work for you ..

1- Diversify .. multiple blogs with multiple topics, chances are people with diff interests will never inter-lap.

2- Writing is a process, drafts are a good idea .. make plenty … and get the courage to accept that it will never be perfect, post when its close to what you mean, post fixes and replies … later. screw the perfectionist in you .

3- In my experience a lot of the people who post a lot are unaware of their own shortcomings(that often means they like the piece too much, don’t have a critique’s eye or simply don’t know they suck). but one thing we do envy them is this .. they do it out of passion and they have fun doing it .. and we forget pieces that suck quicker than we forward pieces we like.

4- If it helps .. preset rules on how far you will go , how personal you intend to get, how serious or detailed things should be ,how often you should blog.

Now if you’ll excuse me my ten mins are almost up and I need to go take my own advice :P

No comments:

Post a Comment